23 and Me Settlement
- Obtain more details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Davis-Hudson and Diaz v. 23andMe Inc
- The 23 and Me Settlement is listed as case number 74-20-1400-0032
- No proof of purchase is required in order to file a claim
23andMeSettlement.com is administered by Kurtzman Carson Consultants. Class members in the case argue that 23 and Me unlawfully misrepresented their products and services. As a result of this class action settlement customers who purchased a PGS between Oct. 16, 2007 and Nov. 22, 2013 will want to file a claim in this case. Class members who file timely claims can either pick from a cash award (the payment will come in the form of a check for $12.50) or a $40 certificate that can be used towards the purchase of a new Genetic Testing Kit.
- Known class members who fail to file a claim will receive a certificate by default
- Class members in the case are officially defined as all U.S. residents who purchased a PGS between Oct. 16, 2007 and Nov. 22, 2013 for their own personal use
- Class members are not required to attend the settlement hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie
- Settlement elections forms can be sent via email, mail, or fax
- U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh was in charge of the case
23andMeSettlement.com Important Dates
- Claim filing deadline: 12/6/2017
- Settlement fairness hearing: 11/15/2017
- Object to the settlement: Oct. 20, 2017
Class members looking to reach the settlement administrated by mail can write to: 23andMe Settlement Administrator c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants P.O. Box 404000 Louisville, KY 40233-4000. Class members looking to speak with someone over the phone can dial 1-866-645-6923. Class members with questions by email can fie them off to: info@23andMeSettlement.com. Class members will be represented by Patrick J. Sheehan, Alan M. Mansfield, John Gravante III, and James H. McFerrin. 23 and Me has hired James N. Kramer, Robert P. Varian, Alexander K. Talarides, and Stephanie Albrecht to represent them in court.